The Dream Highway Podcast
Exploring Faith and the Depressed Brain with Author David Anderson
Nov 09, 2020
Despite having a depressed brain, he turned his passion for writing into a book that won first place in a Writer’s Digest contest. Listen as author David Anderson discusses what it’s like being a person of faith with clinical depression.
- Writing a contest-winning book on a depressed brain
- Shame, Faith and Depression
- Chemical imbalance controversy
- Signs of clinical depression
- Difference between situational and clinical depression
- Science-based ways to alleviate depression
- Signs you may want to get tested or clinical depression
- Is “having Jesus” all you need to be happy?
- Is depression a sign of a lack of faith or character?
- Can a faith that doesn’t allow you to be human or honest with yourself and honest with God sustainable?
- You’re not responsible for being born with a condition. You are responsible for making adjustments.
- If it fits your personality, you have talent for it and you love doing it - go for it! You’ll have a much better chance at success.