The Dream Highway Podcast
Overcoming Fear and Perfectionism with Stephanie Mearse
Mar 08, 2021
She saw a Hallmark movie and thought, “That’s the kind of life I want!” Listen as coach, motivational speaker and best-selling author Stephanie Mearse talks about her incredible journey from living next to a dumpster with a drug addicted mother to getting her masters degree, being the CEO of a company and so much more.
- Just because you’ve achieved one of your goals, doesn’t mean you have to stop there!
- We’re all in God’s arena, and he has gifted various people with different modalities to help and heal people. In other words, coaches and therapists are your friends. They are there to help you, not judge you.
- Whenever you overcome a fear you go to new levels and wonder what else is possible.
- She wouldn’t have realized her life passion if she didn’t push past her fears.
- How many people are held back from a greater level of serving people because of their fear?
- Opening up to people and being vulnerable about something you feel ashamed of or embarrassed about can be terrifying, but you can do it - even if you have to start small.
- Takes self confidence and assurance that, in the end, I’m going to be okay. It’s a God thing: “God’s got me. He’s got eyes everywhere looking out for me.”
- Don’t ware yourself out being a perfectionist.
- Perfectionism is all about control, and when you have a bad childhood it’s easy to want to control everything.
- What we see on social media is everyone’s outsides, not their insides.
- Even if you think you’re doing terrible and not making a difference, you probably are in some way, shape or form for somebody.