The Dream Highway Podcast
Breaking Free From the Formula of the Status Quo with Brianca Johnson
Mar 15, 2021
She left the safety of a corporate gig in the middle of the pandemic and grew her own business to over six figures in the first six months! Listen as digital marketing expert and entrepreneur Brianca Johnson talks about her journey of breaking free from the formula of the status quo to pursue her own unique vision for her life.
- She upended her life by moving to a city where she didn’t know anyone to pursue her career.
- Quarantine made her reflect on and take an inventory of her life - and realized she didn’t like what she saw.
- She had to make a decision: Go after what you were taught - which was the formula: tow the line of the status quo, or take a risk and be an entrepreneur.
- The struggle over why it seems to hard to go on a journey that you feel is God’s vision for your life: aka “The Desert”
- The results of taking a scary step - a leap of faith
- Everybody always asks, “How do I do it right?” There is no “right” way.
- People may have gone before you in a general sense, but nobody has traveled your specific dream highway.
- Everything you need is already inside you - rely on your intuition and the vision that you have.
- “This is what I want my life to look like, and this is how I best use my gifts and how I best serve” - when you rely on that, you get the steps along the way.
- Information is aplenty and accessible - but that doesn’t mean the steps are - you might have to figure out the steps on your own or with a coach - and that’s part of the fun.
- When you see the impact that you have, you want to keep doing it and serving in that way.
- There is a balance. You can serve yourself and serve others.
- “I look forward to continuing to do this” vs hating to wake up
- Higher levels can bring new devils.
- You can do hard things. You can come out on the other side and be okay.
- Doing hard things for yourself, for your vision, for your dream is way easier than doing it for somebody else’s.
- Instead of praying, “Lord, just give me this bonus, this raise, then I’ll have more money and be happier,” pray, “Teach me how to serve.”
- Do what needs to be done. Don’t live in fear. If you know that this is what you’re supposed to be doing, but you don’t understand what the pathway looks like from here to here, that’s okay, but take a step, take the first step, take any step! Even if it’s the wrong step, just move!
- Do something! “Faith without works”…the works is the key.